Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Productive Day

Sometimes, even with the greatest of intentions, there are days when life happens and you don't accomplish a good portion of the things you had planned. Well, today was one of those days where we did accomplish a good many things, and when they come there is such a feeling of satisfaction. There were four loads of laundry, washed, dried and put away. Four small Christmas trees taken down and ornments put away...garland and other decorations as well. Josiah and I had finished math, phonics, reading, spelling and English before lunch today. I corrected past English papers with Joy, taught a new English lesson, graded her Bible and reading work, directed her in math, and helped her with her music some. I called the plumber, as we have a bathroom sick that is clogging. Worked on some bills online. Straightened up in the kitchen. Directed the children during chore time. Actually read aloud today from a classic. Also read a chapter and a half of the Bible to the children this morning. Then, prepared a nice comforting meal of homemade potato soup and cornbread from scratch....from the grinding of the cornmeal and wheat, to the peeling and cutting up of the potatoes...and added some turkey bacon to put on top. It was a good day. There is such satisfaction in just the accomplishment of doing the things that make a house a home. I am thankful to be a stay at home Mom...and days like this just show me what a joy it is. To provide a good, healthy meal for my husband just home from work, to providing the best education I possibly can for my little ones, to helping maintain my husband's castle...what a blessing it all truly is. May you also find joy in God's calling on your life today.


No comments: