Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

One of those Typical Untypical Homeschooling Days

As I am writing this, about 7pm, my oldest daughter, Joy (pictured above) has just finished up her school for the day! We had 16 wonderful days off with Daddy and were all ready and geared up to have that great, fresh new start for 2009 in school. But, one thing that homeschooling and the military have in common...expect the unexpected! Life happens along the way and we just have to roll right along with it. Josiah got a fever about three or four days ago and we thought the rest of the family had miraculously escaped unscathed...but alas, today my second son, Joel came down with a very high fever. He had a hard night last night, tossing and turning and not sleeping well, so of course, Mom and Dad didn't sleep well either. Josiah was up a good portion of the night with a cough, so we stationed ourselves to give him his medicine at the appointed times. Joel does not handle sickness well. So, I spent much of my day laying with him on my lap, checking his fever, trying to relieve his headaches and just do the overall comforting that Mommy's do. School started off well, but didn't finish as planned. One of the great things about homeschooling is its flexibility, but it is much nicer when the flexibility seems to work more in our favor. :) So, I do not know what tomorrow will be like...whether another child will be sick, whether we will still be working on school in the evening, whether some other unexpected task will befall me...but I thank God that I know He knows all about it...and He has promised to not give me anything that with Him I cannot handle. So, remember when you have days like the one I just had...God is still...and ever always in control.

No comments: