Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Looking Pretty!

Julia just loves to watch me when I put on my makeup. The other day, she decided that she would try her hand at putting on some of my lipstick. This is not the first time she has done this, but it is one of the worst...or cutest, whichever way you choose to look at it! Here she is, in all her lipstick glory. Notice the blotch on the arm. I am not sure how that happened, unless she just decided to wipe a little bit off of her mouth.

We have been busy this weekend, trying to get projects done here and there, some started but not quite finished. I managed to get to the commissary after making my weekly menu. We had a wonderful dinner with friends on Saturday evening. Friday was busy with Jonathan taking my vacuum cleaner to the shop to get it fixed and trying to do things around the house. I did manage to get some clothes the children have outgrown to a new consignment shop and will be able to use the money for those clothes to buy more for the next season. Believe it or not, I still do not have all my Christmas decorations down yet! I am trying to rearrange things and weed out items I no longer need as I go along, so it is taking a little longer than normal. And, of course, there are all the tasks of the house and homeschooling to maintain...so sometimes other projects end up taking a back seat, or at least get taken at a slower pace. I have started several piles around the house...those things that are being given to someone specific, things to be taken to Goodwill, and another for clothes that can be taken to a consignment shop for either money or store credit. We have managed to buy most of our spring shoes with the money we get from consigning, so it has been well worth the little bit of work it costs me. I have found that many times after I get rid of things that are not used often enough to justify, or things I am holding on to "just in case" I might need them, there is such a freedom in not having it there to move around, clean, or try to figure how I am going to organize it! So, I am greatly looking forward to getting rid of my "piles" soon. I am keeping a list of things I am getting rid of and will post that periodically when I do. I think it will be quite amazing to see what we disposed of when it is all said and done! Well, I will run and spend some family time with my wonderful husband and children. Don't ever forget that in the end it is people, not things that matter most! God bless.


No comments: