Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Flowers

One of the things I really like about being in the south is all the beautiful dogwoods and azaleas that bloom in the spring. The house we are renting now has some lovely, large azalea bushes in the back and the children have enjoyed picking a few (I don't want them to make them bare!) and playing with them. These pictures were taken a few days ago when it was quite warm and we were able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!
I heard from my dear hubby last night and he was waiting to board another plane to head to his final destination...so he should be there now since he is about 9 hours ahead of us. He told me it might be a few days before he can contact me again, but I will let you all know how he is doing when I hear something new.

We began our end of the year school testing today and will be doing so for the next few mornings. Joy and Josiah are the only ones who are required to take the tests at this time, my other children being too young. Mom has been kind enough to take the three youngest to her house in the mornings so that I can have testing time that is uninterrupted and quiet for the children. It is hard to believe that we are closing in on another year of school being over.


Josiah will be beginning his third grade reading next week. We still have his second grade math and English to complete, but it is exciting to finish one grade and go on to another. Sometimes when you just look at the day to day, it can feel like you are not really accomplishing much...and then all of a sudden, one year is completed and you are starting another...and then you see such progress that is really is quite exciting! I am thankful that I am able to have the privilege of sharing these milestones with my children.

The children are well now. Josiah and Joel got a stomach bug right after my dh left! I had three nights of little sleep, but have managed to function and keep things going. I praise God for His strength because I owe it all to Him and to the prayers of His saints lifting us up during this difficult time. Josiah and Joy have taken the separation remarkably well. They are obviously sad as they are very close to their father...they talk of him often, tell me how much they miss him, etc. But, they are not angry...just sad and they are focusing that sadness on being a help to me. Joel and Joanna, being much younger, have more issues with acting out during this time. They don't know how to express their sadness...and therefore, they tend to focus that hurt on the person that is here...which of course, means me. :) But, I know God will help us through this and I am praying they will learn to redirect that hurt to a more productive outlet. Julia is so young she doesn't understand much except that she says she is sad that Daddy is gone. And of course, that sums up the way we all feel. But, we are taking it one day at a time, waiting, and praying until God sees fit to reunite us all again. God bless you all and thank you for your prayers!




No comments: