Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

From a Child's Perspective

Joy, my oldest daughter says to my seven year old Joanna, "The Bible says in Psalms 23 that, The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."

Joanna exclaims, "Joy, why should we not want Him?"

I am constantly amazed by how literal children are! But, you know, it really is a very good question.  Why should we not want Him?  I am reminded how often I can go about my day, checking off my to-do list and all the while forgetting to stop and meditate on the One who gives me life.  Today, let's make it a point to practice living in the presence of Christ.  For truly, that is what the being a follower of Christ is all about.

4 comments:

Lois said...

That is funny! Reminds me of one of my kids once. My husband asked, "What do you have to do to go to heaven?" One of them piped up, "You have to die!" So true, but not the answer he was looking for.

Camille said...

Precious post Jackie! Aren't the insights of children amazing at times! I like how you turned it around to make an application. :)

Have a lovely weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

His bondservant said...

Lois,

I love that one!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So true! Out of the mouth of babes!