Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Around the Home

Things have busy around our home lately, but it always seems that way!  These pictures of the children were taken when they went for a walk with Daddy.  He blessed me with a wonderful surprise.  Just out of the blue, he told me to take the whole morning and just go and do something that I wanted to do.  I ended up running errands that I had on my list of things to do and then did some visiting of places that I had always wanted to see, but never found the right time.  It was a very enjoyable morning and one I was very greatful to have.  I missed the family though, even for that little bit of time away.  We have been busy with school.  We just finished our 55th day for this year.  It is hard to believe we are already that far along!  I now have four children schooling...Joel was added this year.  Next year, all five will be officially "in school." 

I have been working trying to organize various areas in the house that have been nagging at me.  You know about those don't you?  Places that call your name every time you look at them saying, "Organize me...throw me away...etc."  I had quite a bit of curriculum that I was no longer using and had decided I probably wouldn't use again.  I spent several hours going through it piece by piece, putting like materials together and then putting the materials I would keep in the order that they would be needed for future use.  Then I sorted through old work and kept only those things I felt were important to keep.  I took my armload of materials to a new store here in town that consigns homeschool curriculum.  Hopefully, enough of my items will sell that I can turn around and begin buying those items for next year's school.  I like to plan ahead as much as possible.  Just like stocking a pantry, it is nice to buy a workbook here and there when funds allow so that if money gets tight, school will not suffer because of it.
I love this picture of Dh with my youngest.  It is so sweet.  God continues to be so faithful and gracious to us.  I cannot thank Him enough for the blessings of family.  I truly do not deserve the blessings He has given to me.  Press those little ones close to your heart...they grow up so very fast.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

It is nice that you had some time for fun. I like to stock up too. We live in a country town and in the winter I don't like driving on the roads here. One winter we were snowed in for two days. It was fun though.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I know what you mean by those "place" in your house that need attention. That is our hobby room. It is out of control! We realized that because of the remodel, we haven't cleaned or organized it for almost a year. Yikes!!!

So glad you got to have a morning away. It is nice to have the blessing of your spouse, makes it so much sweeter :)

Camille said...

What a lovely post Jackie. How wonderful that your husband gave you that morning "off"...such a blessing. :)

Doesn't it feel wonderful when things get organised? I *love* that feeling! I hope your stuff all sells and you are able to purchase more of what you will use.

Blessings to you!
Camille

Nicole said...

What a beautiful family. What gracious husband to spend that time with the children. I love it when husbands walk beside their wives in raising, playing and loving the children. Thanks for the lovely post about giving as well. I know we can sometimes lack in focussing on how blessed we are sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.