Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekend Update

The Lord has been so gracious to give me three good days in a row healthwise. I am truly thankful for them. It just brings to mind once again how much I take for granted. I have been trying to do some catching up on things that haven't gotten done while I was very ill. Only God knows what my tomorrow will be, but I am trying to make the most of today while not overdoing it. We spent a good portion of the morning trying to find fall shoes for Joy and Joanna...where was the search conducted? Well, let's see Marshall's, Rack Room, Belk's, JC Penney, Sears, the Shoe Department...how many shoes were found? Zero!!! Can you believe that? I went out with the children last week and we found some for Julia, Josiah and Joel already. Joy's foot is long but so narrow...many of the shoes that will fit are not becoming of a young lady. And she prefers flats...which means it is hard to find flats with narrow sides. And for some reason...all those places just happened to be out of 13 1/2 which is Joanna's size. So, not sure where we will go next...but go we will. Just not today, I am a little overwhelmed with it all.

The following pictures are of the children. Joy is working on a script with a friend of hers and they were able to do some of it at our home this past Thursday. Her friend brought over some of the costumes and I thought I would share them with you. You will see make-up on the girls...just to clarify, none of my girls wear make-up yet...this is just for the purpose of their story.

Julia decided she was going to play along too, even though she is too young to read a script. She sort of got into the lipstick on her own!


This is Joanna in front with her dress and cloak. Notice Joel in the background...he was upset because he couldn't put things on his face too. We had to have a little discussion about that one.

Here is my son Josiah with his hobbit cloak on.

And lastly, Joy who is the elfen princess.
Hope you have a great ending to your weekend. God bless!

No comments: