Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sickness


Sickness…that is what we have been experiencing off and on for the past three months.  It has been a difficult time.  But, God remains faithful.  It seems my children have caught multiple viruses.  Looking back over the years with our military moves, I have noticed that the first winter in every place we move is usually the hardest.  Not sure why, but I think it may have to do with adjusting to a new climate, new heating/air in the homes, new viruses in different parts of the country.  Whatever the reason, it is not easy.  

This year is the first year we have joined a co-op.  All my children are finally mobile enough to handle going every week and it has been a good experience. On the flip side, there have been multiple viruses going through the co-op and I think my children have caught everyone of them!  I am looking forward to spring and the fact that we tend to stay well during that season.  

There is so much God has been teaching me that I long to share.  I pray I will do so soon.  He has been so very faithful to me, during valleys and mountaintop experiences.  We all have them…and it is experiencing both that bring us a closeness to our Father.  The mountaintops give us a glimpse of what Heaven will be like, the valleys show us so much of the gentleness of God.  I thank Him for both.  I pray you are sensing the closeness of God in your life.  God bless!

4 comments:

Lois said...

It's good to see you again in blogosphere! I've missed your positive posts, but I'm glad you are settled in your new mission field. I think you are right on with the illness thing. There are many new alergens that the body has to build up resistance to. Hope you all get better soon, and able to enjoy the co-op.

And let me say I love the chaplain's wives the Lord keeps sending to our AF base in Texas. They are wonderful, godly women and really encourage the young marrieds in our chapel group. Praying for you as well in your capacity. Blessings and encouragement to you!

His bondservant said...

Lois, I have thought about you often. So glad to hear from you. You have always been such an encouragement to me! I am thankful that your chapel group has you as well. I know you are a great encourager too! Thank you for your prayers. I do so appreciate them and you! God bless!

Chelle said...

It has been a bad season for us as well. We have had every sickness. It must be the type of sickness that stays a long time. Mine got better than every time we went out they got it again. I hope you continue to get better. I am happy to see you write again.

Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~ I have stopped by over the last few months to check up on you, and wondered how you've been. Thank you for stopping by at *my place*...it's lovely to hear from you! I will be praying specifically for you all for renewed health. What a blessing to know that our times are in HIS hands!

With Love,
Camille