Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Simple Fall Pleasures


 Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year.  I love to see all the beautiful colors that the Lord uses to make this season special.  The leaves turning, the crispness in the air, the feeling one gets when curling up in a warm blanket and sipping on some homemade hot chocolate.  Ah, how warm and cozy it all feels.  There's nothing like getting under a homemade afghan on a cool night with little children on either side of me and reading them their favorite books. 


Here are a few glimpses of autumn inside our home.  The older I get, the more I like praticality mixed with beauty in my decorating.  Some of the items that bring me the greatest feeling of home is seeing food beautifully displayed.  It is useable and beautiful.  The top of my buffet holds three Montana hocking jars with two types of sucanat and onewith beans.  I put simple, inexpensive coffee mugs in each to scoop out the goodies inside when I need them and to look nice when I do not.

I added a simple fall garland and small gourds, pumpkins and squash I picked up from the commissary.
Here it is from a distance flanked by lamps ridiculously cheap at a store that was going out of business and an oil painting that I paid about one-fourth of the original price by getting it on craigslist! 
I like white lights at night.  They make me smile.  So, I keep up this small fir tree year round and change out the decorations for different seasons.  These were fall picks purchased at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. The things I like the most in my home are the ones I waited to purchase frugally.  Here's wishing you a beautiful fall season!  May you grow closer to Him as you appreciate more and more the beauty He has placed all around you!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

your fall decorations look so pretty. I love fall time too.

Cinnamon said...

Fall is ~my~ favorite time of year. I love your decorations! So inspiring for me to do something to make my house looks cozy with fall decorations.

~Cinnamon

p.s you have a lovely family~

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! I am super-impressed with your decorating abilities!

Trisha said...

Here from Stacie's blog. Your decorating is so lovely! Fall is my favorite time if I could only choose one season. (I love spring, too. :) It is such a gift to appreciate all of the beauty He gives us daily, and it was a blessing to see glimpses of your home.

His bondservant said...

Thank you ladies so much for your kind words...and thank you Trisha for visiting!

In Him,
Jackie

Trixi said...

I love your jars. I have some but they have clear lids. I love the red!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love fall decorations and you're are beautiful! I just purchased a couple of little gaudy Christmas trees for the kids so they will leave my themed tree alone ;) Guess what colors they chose? Yep, bright pink for Hailey and patriotic blue for Josiah. Should be an interesting combo, LOL.

Camille said...

Oh SO pretty Jackie!! Wonderful job you do of decorating for fall...love it! It's all so cosy and welcoming. :)

Blessings,
Camille