Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Catching Up

It has been a little while since I last posted. We have been quite busy with ...well, life. I had planned to start school a week ago, but that got pushed up to beginning tomorrow because there still were so many items on my long list of things to do BEFORE that date. I still have not completed them all...but the ones not completed will just have to be done a little here and there.
One thing finally accomplished...Julia is now officially potty trained! I cannot believe it. No more diapers in the Fowler home. It is such a bittersweet feeling. I am glad that she is trained, but there is something very sad about not having a wee one in diapers.
For those of you that do not know...I have been experiencing some health problems throughout the years. About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have had severe migraines, joint pain...other issues. I never liked the fibromyalgia diagnosis...it just seemed like a name doctor's put on something they had no clue about. I have prayed fervently about these health issues and the Lord has brought me down some roads that have been leading to improved health little by little. I will not get into the long story here...but with a specialized chiropratic care I am now free of my migraines! Praise God for that. I am praying about the next avenue God would have me go. There are a few options out there and one that I feel He is leading me to is getting rid of the mercury in my mouth. Because of my health issues...there are sometimes gaps in my posting. Some days are better than others. But, God is so faithful.

Today in church, our pastor spoke about this issue. He was speaking on prayer, but he talked about how God does not always give us what we think is best. Sometimes he brings sickness and adversity to strengthen us spiritually...to make us ready for the battle. Because that is what this life is...a spiritual battle. And if He does bring full healing...how much more will I be able to praise Him for what He has brought me through. And if He chooses not to heal me fully...I know He has a plan and it is my job as His child to praise Him through it regardless. When I have difficult days physically...it just makes the thought of Heaven that much more precious. I suppose it must be that way for all Christian's faced with a disability of one kind or another. What about the blind person that will see His face first? The disabled child that will never need a wheelchair anymore? The Down's Syndrome young man that will never be looked at oddly anymore? I am thankful for a God that knows all our troubles...bears them for us...and never gives us anything that isn't for our ultimate good.


I will keep you all posted on my progress from time to time. For now, I would appreciate your prayers. My dh is doing well. He is preaching a couple times a month. He is involved in a Bible study and has some good men of faith he can fellowship with. I am very thankful for that. Yesterday officially marked the eighth week and on the 4th it will be two months. We continue to wait and pray....and trust God through it all. I pray you had sweet communion with the Lord this Lord's Day.




No comments: