Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Moment of Explanation

I wanted to write a post to explain my little absence as of late.  As I told you earlier, we are preparing for a move.  What was once three months away has now been suddenly pushed up to a little over five weeks!  We went to look at seminary housing thinking that this was where we should be.  However, after seeing the layout of the place, we just don't see how we can feasibly get the essentials in there...clothing, school books and our food storage as we keep several large bins of grains on hand for cooking.  So, we are spending time trying to find a home.  Our time is running short and it may be a week or more before I will be able to post again.  We are having a large yard sale this Saturday and as soon as that is over we begin packing for our move.  We will do a portion of the move ourselves.  Please pray for us as we seek to know God's mind on a home and so many other things involved in this very short time.  I miss visiting your blogs and writing my posts, but hopefully will be able to get back to those very soon, Lord willing.  Until then...God bless!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my Jackie! What excitement! I'm sure that you have a million and one things to organise! I hope that this time is as calm and peaceful as it can be for you.

I will pray for you my friend!

Sgt Zapple said...

Hey I am free this weekend if you need help. Also Easter weekend! We are not going anywhere. After the 21st I am pretty open too. Don't forget our big truck so call if you need something. I can't believe it moved up so quickly but then again I can. Really call me if you need some help or a break from the craziness. Would love to see you one last time and the kids can run around. Praying for quick house hunt and smooth moving.

Trisha said...

I'm praying for you! Remember to take a breath. God will provide, my sweet friend. :) Love and hugs and looking forward to hearing how everything works out.

SABRINAdianne said...

I pray that God gives you the desires of your heart and peace until his promises for you are fulfilled. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

Sabrina - SABRINAdianne

Camille said...

I will miss you Jackie...but, of course, we ALL understand!! Family first...after the LORD, of course...you have your priorities in the right order!

I will pray for you that all goes well and that you will know the LORD's guidance through this crazy time! HE is in control. Hang in there!

Love,
Camille
(Isaiah 40:31 & 41:10 and Jeremiah 29:11-14a)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Praying God will provide the housing that you need quickly! We'll miss you in Blogland. Hope all goes well with your move :)

Chelle said...

Hope all goes well for you. I will be praying for you.

Lois said...

I feel your pain, my friend. We've done it a few times ourselves, but only with 2 kids, not 5. Actually, everytime we've moved it has been 5 weeks. Husband said, if it doesn't fit in the truck, it's not going. I painfully let go of 120 classical record albums, among other things! Cleaning house is great, and a new start always puts me in a happy mood. May the blessing of Christ go before you to your new place.