Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Catching Up

I cannot believe how long it has been since my last post!  I ended up with a viral infection that turned into a bacterial infection...actually two bacterial infections...bronchitis and a sinus infection.  While I was still recovering, two of the children came down with a stomach bug.  When we finally got over that, another viral infection with fever, stuffy noses, and coughs made its way through the children and now Joy has managed to get it last.  The other four are working through the last of the symptoms and Joy has now just gotten over the fever.
But even in all that, God still brings beauty to us...like the simple beauty of a snowfall.  We ended up with 8 inches of snow which is totally unheard of for our area!  It was SO beautiful!  And beyond that, with all the sickness going through the house, not one of my asthmatic children had a bout with asthma this time.  God is so very good.
The beginning of December was the "Love the Church" Conference in Ridgecrest.  I was too sick to go, but my dh took my two oldest there.  They came back spiritually refreshed and looking forward to more of the same.  We are planning on attending a conference hosted by Generations with Vision in March on Family Economics.  We feel the Lord might be leading us to look at starting a business of some kind, and we feel this is the next step in that leading.  We do not know whether the Lord is leading us in this direction for the whole family, or to begin building an entrepreneurial spirit within our children, but we are excited about it nonetheless.  We do not know how God would work out all the finances, as we believe we should not go in debt to start a business, but we know if this is what He wants, He will provide. 
We feel this venture may still be a few years in the making, but He is planting seeds within out hearts and we are excited.  How wonderful it would be for the children to work alongside both their parents daily.  What better way to fulfill the commandment to teach your children when you rise up and when you lie down?  But, we know it is all in God's hands...we are waiting and on Him. 

I did not get Christmas cards out this year...just too sick to do much...so please allow me to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and I pray you had a blessed time with your families. I look forward to catching up with you all on your blogs.  Thank you so much for your concern and prayers for me while I was away.  You ladies are really terrific!

11 comments:

Christa said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick and had to miss the conference. It was very encouraging. Our family is also going to the Family Economics conference in March so maybe we can meet then.
Until then, keep some of that wonderful chicken broth on hand since we still have the rest of the winter ahead of us. It's good for whatever ails us.

Blessings to you and your family...Christa

Chelle said...

I am so sorry your family has been sick. I know it isn't fun. All of mine now have colds and one has croup. He will be going to the doctor because it is making his asthma flare up. It hasn't in over two years. all my homeremidies are not working. I will pray for you about your future. That would be wonderful to have a family business. Our snow is melting now. It is going to be forty today.

His bondservant said...

Chelle,
I will be praying for your son's asthma and for all your family to get well. It is so hard when little ones are sick.

Christa,
So glad we have another chance to meet in person! I will keep the chicken broth on hand!

Trisha said...

Oh, what a time you've had sweet friend! I am so sorry!!

I'm praying that everyone will be completely on the mend very soon.

The Loving the Church conference sounds wonderful, and your snow is so beautiful! I just love snow. :)

I've missed you and am glad you're feeling better.
Hugs!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I haven't been blogging much, so I missed your post saying you were sick. I'm so sorry! What a rotten time of the year to be sick! I'm glad you are all feeling better and I pray you guys will get a reprieve from illness for a long while.

We got a bunch of snow today, too. It is a winter wonderland out there!

Hope you guys have a wonderful New Year!

His bondservant said...

Trisha,
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I truly appreciate it.

Jackie,
Hope you enjoy the snow...ours is almost completely gone, but it was beautiful while it lasted. Have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from rainy Southern California.

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

Trixi said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I hope you are well on the road to recovery. Your snow pictures are just beautiful. We don't get much of that in Ms. In fact it was in the 60's today.
Blessings to you and your family this new year!!!!

Camille said...

What a gorgeous post Jackie! So glad to read that you are coming out the other side of that nasty bout of illness!! Happy New Year to you and your family. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Cinnamon said...

Thank you for your sweet comment. Isn't ME wonderful? Love her!!

It sounds like you got the same cough, runny nose, sore throat, headache sickness that we got. GOOT it and it will go away. I put GOOT on 4x's a day and by the next day I was feeling much better. I think it ended up taking a few days.

Glad you're feeling better somewhat.

Happy New Year~ Cinnamon

His bondservant said...

Cinnamon,
I will take your advise for next time and try to GOOT it away! Thanks for the help.

God bless,
Jackie