Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Negligent Blogger


I have a confession to make...I have been a negligent blogger.  My blogging friends have been faithful to check up on me these past few weeks and send notes of encouragement and questions on whether I am still waiting for my dh to come home as I said on my last post, and I have rarely even been on the computer to check!  Hopefully, when I tell you that my negligence has been due solely to the fact that my husband is indeed home...and there have been lots of sweet moments like those in the above picture...maybe then my negligence to my blogging friends will be forgiven!  My husband touched down at the local Air Force base somewhere around 11:25pm on February 14th.  I was able to get my first glimpse of him shortly after midnight February 15th.  What a glorious reunion it was...and continues to be.  We have been soaking up husband and Daddy time and everything else has taken a back seat.  My husband's parents came down for a few days after we got a little settled and we had a great time with them as well.  We are home this Lord's Day because of our first sickness since Daddy's homecoming, but even that seems so much more manageable to me with him by my side.  I did want to thank all of you who have been so faithful to check on me, pray for me, encourage me through this time.  You cannot know what that has meant to me during those difficult days of deployment.  It seems on days when I was extremely low, a sweet blogger friend would email and just let me know she was praying, or write a note of encouragment, or lift my spirits in other ways.  Thank you all so much!  I look forward to getting back to blogging more regularly.   Shalom and God bless you!




5 comments:

Gail said...

I have tears as I write this. I am SO GLAD he is home now! I am so happy for you! Enjoy this time! Yippee! Whoooohooo!!!!!!

Camille said...

YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! I have been thinking of you...and I was SURE it was because of this!!! How incredibly wonderful!

May the Lord give you all you need in the coming days of adjusting to this "new"/"old" way of life! Keep on looking to Him...He is faithful ~ how blessed we are!

Your friend,
Camille

P.S. Take your time returning to blogging...first things first! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Praise God he's home! Love the picture! I'm praying for a smooth transition for your family. A deployment sure makes you appreciate the little things and not take things for granted. Enjoy your time together!

God Bless,
Jackie

Lois said...

Praise God! What a lovely Valentine Day present. Oh, no forgiveness needed. You were gladly excused.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So glad he is home and safe! I pray that his reentry into civilian life will be an easy transition.

I know you both will appreciate each other all the more.

Blessings, friend!