Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Projected 2010 Reading List



Reading has always been one of my favorite hobbies.  I remember consuming books when I was younger and I still enjoy it so very much.  One of my goals for 2010 is to read more books for my own personal enjoyment and edification.  I read constantly to my children, but with five children, the demands of homeschooling, keeping a home, healthy cooking and other responsibilities, my own personal reading time has been almost non-existent.  I know some of that has been due to the fact that my husband has been deployed for nine months now and so there are added responsibilities that take up what little time I may have found previously.  So, while praying and thinking about ways to improve this coming year, book reading was one of those areas.  I always enjoy looking at the blogs of others and seeing a glimpse into what they are reading.  And because of that, I thought I would begin to share on a somewhat more regular basis some of the books I read to my children, with a little review and an idea of the age group they are geared toward.  But, first, I would like to share with you the "projected list" of books I want to read this year.  Now, it will be a great feat if I get this done...or even half done...but what is wrong with dreaming big huh?  As I finish, I will try to share my thoughts on them, or at least some of them, with you.  And I would greatly enjoy hearing some of your favorites as well. 










Quiet Times in Loud Households by Kimberley Eddy

Keeping Our Children's Hearts by Steve and Terri Maxwell  (reading this one again)







Extra Reading 

Feminine Appeal

The Joy of Hospitality




There are actually others, but I don't think I should make this too unrealistic!  Many times books have been the mentors that have been lacking in my life.  There is definitely a shortage of Titus 2 women, so I have gleaned so much from books by them.  I thank God for providing these materials for my sanctification.  These, however, should NEVER take the place of God's Word.  They should only be read and used AFTER spending quality time in the Bible and prayer.   I'd also like to you leave you with a quote,

 "Be as careful of the books you read, as the company you keep, for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter."  Paxton Hood.

Happy Reading!

No comments: