Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Time for Everything

It seems like all my posts lately have been "catching up" posts.  I seem to take longer and longer breaks between blogging.  But, for everything there is a season.  And right now, the Lord has fashioned my seasons in waiting on Him. I want to thank all of you that have been so good to check up on me, pray for me, and not forget about me during this time.  It has been so precious to read that my friends in blogland have been praying for my recovery.  Words just don't seem adequate to express how much that has truly meant to me.  I wish I could give you more of an update on my health, but it seems that little else is known.  I began getting "dizzy" probably over a year ago.  Little by little it got worse and then a few months ago I experienced a bout of something that was much like vertigo...not sure if that is what it was or not.  All I know is that I couldn't walk, or stand without running into walls.  The episode passed and I have been battling bouts of dizziness ever since.  Praise the Lord they have not been to that magnitude!  They took a CT scan of my head to rule out all kinds of horrible diseases.  It came back with nothing, of which I am thankful to God.  I have revamped my diet drastically.  That has helped a lot.  I am seeing my chiropractor, which has also helped, but the dizziness has not completely gone away.  There are days when sitting at the computer and looking at the screen makes me dizzy...therefore, fewer blogging posts.  But, truly, God has been so good to me throughout all of this.  He continues to shower upon me His grace.  He is drawing me closer to Him during this.  He reminds me of the preciousness of things taken for granted...like just walking normally.  I am learning more and more that things just don't matter in this world.  His will, His way, His ultimate purpose for my life is all that does.  I am learning to thank God in all things, even for my dizziness because it is through this that I am learning to lean on Him for the very essence of my life.  I would greatly appreciate your continued prayers and I look forward, if the Lord allows, to be back to sharing my heart and home with you all soon.

8 comments:

Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~ I'm so sorry that you are having these episodes! What a blessing that nothing *bad* seems to be wrong! We will pray for you tonight as a family.

Just get back to the "blog-world" when you can. No worries! You are right...there IS a season for everything and God IS in complete control! How precious to belong to HIM!

In His Love,
Camille
Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

God, I pray that you would heal her of her dizziness. I pray God that it would be completely gone. Give her the strength to take care of her family. Touch her body, Great Healer. We KNOW that you can do this! In Jesus' Name, Amen

His bondservant said...

Camillie,

Thank you for your encouragement.

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

Thank you for your sweet prayer. It means more to me than you know. God bless you and your family!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

God, I pray this dizziness will pass for this dear sister in Christ. Please sustain her and lift her head when she gets weary. Hold her up and let her rest in the shadow of your wings until this time has passed. Thank you so much that it isn't anything really serious. God give Jackie the patience to endure while this trial takes place.

In Jesus Name, Amen!

Miss you and hope you feel better really soon! Hugs, Jackie

Lois said...

Jackie,
I'm sorry too that you are not up to par with what you should be. I do pray the doctors will find whatever it is that is troubling your body. Perhaps this is a season the Lord would have you reflect from your heart, meditate on scripture, and inspire the rest of us to take time with the Savior. I will certainly be praying for restored health for you.
Your sister in Christ,
Lois
James 1:2-4

His bondservant said...

Jackie,

Thank you for your prayer. It means more to me than you know. I am trusting the Lord to bring about healing in His time.

Blessings,
Jackie

His bondservant said...

Lois,

Thank you for your encouragement. I am trying to get the rest I need and focus on the things that must get done during this period of my life. I do hope to blog more soon, but only time witll tell.

God bless,
Jackie